Flatter Your Face with These Simple Tips
Finding the perfect glasses can often be frustrating when you aren’t sure what to look for. It’s easy to get caught up in the latest eyewear trends without stopping to think about what frame shapes and features will complement your facial characteristics the best.
The good news is that you will never have to sacrifice being fashionable to accommodate your facial structure; making the slightest adjustments in your quest for the ultimate specs can drastically change your look for the better.
Check out the following tips for a head start on finding the most flattering frames for your face:
- To shorten your face, try mid- or low-temples or a low bridge.
- To lengthen your face, try high- or mid-height temples, a high bridge or rimless frames.
- To narrow and lengthen a stubby nose, try a clear or metal bridge that sits close to your nose.
- Shorten a longer nose with a frame that has a low, dark and straight nose bridge.
- For flat noses, choose adjustable nose pads.
- To narrow wide-set eyes, try a dark-colored bridge.
- Widen close-set eyes with a light or clear bridge across the nose.
- Add width to a narrow forehead with a prominent top bar.
- To shorten a high forehead, choose frames that are even with or slightly higher than your brow line.
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines with cosmetic lens tinting.
In addition to solving these common facial features woes, always remember these suggestions as a rule of thumb when selecting eyewear:
- Frames should contrast with your face shape.
- Frame size should be in scale with your face size.
- Eyewear should balance personal proportion.