Makeup Tips for Spexy Ladies
Some ladies shy away from glasses and opt for contacts because they think they can’t show off their beautiful peepers from behind their lenses. It’s time to throw out that skewed ideology – it only takes a little help from your beloved cosmetic collection to complete a flawless look.
Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll be looking like a movie star in no time:
- Apply makeup to your entire face. Don’t ignore the lips or cheeks or else the look will be imbalanced.
- Use a cream concealer and set with powder to disguise any under-eye circles or darkness.
- Eyebrows should be well groomed (tweeze when necessary!), shaped properly and softly defined; fill in obvious gaps with brow powder applied with a stiff angled brush.
- When wearing oversized specs, apply blush on your cheekbones so it can be seen through the lenses.
- Don’t extend eye shadow past your eyelids and try not to use more than two colors.
- Eye makeup and frames should not compete; the bolder the frame, the less eye makeup you need and vice versa.
- If you’re nearsighted, keep eyes from appearing too small by using deep colored eye shadow and dark eyeliner on your top and lower eyelids.
- Curl eyelashes and apply a couple coats of mascara and your eyes will open right up.
- If you’re farsighted, keep eyes from appearing too large by dusting a neutral shadow on eyelids and applying minimal eyeliner in a soft tone.
- Use a cream-based shadow instead of powder so it won’t flake onto your lenses.